Fitzgerald Park

A simple fountain is the focal point of a small park commemorating F. Scott and Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald, icons of the Jazz Age who played their larger-than-life role on a lavish scale and on an international stage. Zelda was neither understated nor conventional. Zelda quotations inscribed on twelve granite pavers accurately capture her wit and unconventional nature; these were placed by Taimoor Arshad as part of his 2014 Eagle Scout project. He also provided trees, decorative signposts and park furniture.

The three-tiered, cast-iron fountain was erected in 1975 by the Press and Authors Club, which once included Zelda as a member. The fountain is just west of the 819 Felder Avenue house, which one or all of the Fitzgeralds occupied off and on between October 1931 and April 1932. Today, the house serves as the F. Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald Museum.

By | 2018-01-08T14:22:39+00:00 January 8th, 2018|0 Comments

Leave A Comment